Hunston Village Hall
Hunston Village Hall is situated in the centre of the village, on the main B2145 Selsey Road, directly opposite the recreation ground & children’s play area. 16 car park spaces are available to the rear of the building; these are well sign-posted and accessed via Orchardside & Uphill Way. Parking is also available at the front of the building for another dozen cars.
The Hall is the perfect venue for private functions such as wedding receptions, parties and re-unions. With its high ceiling and sprung wooden floor the Hall is also ideal for dancing and indoor sports. Table tennis and Badminton equipment is available at no extra cost.
The Village Hall was originally built in 1949 and opened on the 21st November 1949 by the Duke of Norfolk. The main hall was demolished in 1996 and replaced by a modern hall with a wooden sprung floor and a ceiling high enough for Badminton.
The new building was officially opened on the 31st August 1996 by the Earl of Arundel. During the reconstruction, improvements were also made to the kitchen and other facilities around the building. The Village Hall is also home to the Hunston Community Club, and some areas of the facility are shared. However, the Village Hall is not directly linked to the Community Club, and as a registered charity is managed separately by an annually elected Management Committee.
From the Chichester by-pass (A27) take the B2145 Selsey Road. Continue along the road for approximately one-mile and take the second exit on the small roundabout. Follow the road for a further mile into the village, passing the shops on the left and The Spotted Cow pub on the right, before reaching the playing field on the left. The Village Hall is directly opposite and is accessed directly from the main road. Further parking is available at the rear of the building via Orchardside & Uphill Way.
The full postal address is:
Hunston Village Hall, Selsey Road, Hunston, West Sussex. PO20 1AW